Sunday 23 December 2012

I AM SINGLE: LOSING ANOTHER SINGLED FRIEND

I don’t have many same aged friends who are still single. But I used to have two closed singled friends – L and B.


 B, aku dan L, kitaorang memang HOT kan? Hehehe

L  was my friend since high school. We lost contact after SPM and met again in 2009 when I moved to KL. It was a pleasant surprise to know that she was still single at that time. We used to hang out and spent a lot of time together. I always lepak at her house since she was living alone. I see her as someone really successful and content with her life. She was in a steady but complicated relationship and I have nobody (which I mean, “men’) in my life. Nonetheless, we never look down on each other. Being single and living on our own was fun. No worries. No heartache. 

One day, she has arranged a date for me, with our ex-school mate, C, who I never knew. I only met him once during our school reunion. At first glance, when I saw him during the reunion, he was clad in jeans and white shirt and she looked ‘not bad’ lah…so to say. But I never speak with him.

On one fine night, C called me and asked me out. L pun apa lagi…encouraged me to meet him. So, for L’s sake, I pun agree lah to meet this C. But then, when I met C, that spark that I have when I met him for the first time has gone. I totally couldn’t get along with him. So, no second date after that.

 Kitaorang tak minum air tu ok...haram. But we bored each other....oh God!

Months had gone, I already forgot about C and due to my busyness, I seldom get in touch with L. Then, I saw on Facebook status that L was having a relationship with C. I also knew about their engagement from Facebook and I also got invited to their wedding through facebook. Facebook rules uhhh??


My feeling?  I don’t know. I wasn’t disheartened with their relationship at all. I memang tak ada hati kat C langsung. So I was so happy when C and L were together.  I just felt so sad, that I was losing my one closed singled friend. Entahlah….tiba-tiba je, I felt alone and lonely.

Last Saturday, another closed singled friend, B, got married. B was my friend since uni days. Sadly due to my father’s demise, I could not attend her beautiful wedding. I am so very happy for B but the same feeling that I used to feel about L getting married lingered around and about me. Tiba-tiba, rasa macam nak nyanyi lagu Don’t Speak dari No Doubt. Sedih ok….

You and me...we used to be together....everyday together...always

Anyway, to B, I know, one fine day when you are not busy with your husband *wink*wink, you gonna read this entry. I just want you to know that I am truly happy for you. I pray for your happiness and your marriage to last until Jannah. Both of you complement each other as God has fated. Be patient with challenges of being married. Selamat membina keluarga dear. I love you and proud of you.

Ok, now, I am going to cry…………..


p/s: tak tahu kenapa entry ni ditulis dalam bahasa omputeh yang haru biru….*tekup muka dengan bantal*

No comments:

Post a Comment