Thursday 6 December 2012

TILTING THE SCALE



Everytime I get on the weighing scale, my response will be, " oh mannnn...". I don't like what I see. I don't freak out as I don't see the point of doing so, but piling up the kilos is not a good sight.

Each time I'm able to lose a measely kilo would make my day. Then I celebrate by eating, and so the vicious cycle starts again.

I spent 20 years of my life being underweight, and I could never imagine myself being fat. When I was in my teens I couldn't even finish half a plate of rice. I was thin and not very healthy. I can eat & eat yet not put on any weight. But I was too thin, it was unattractive. No curves....

Then suddenly my metabolic rate dropped, I stopped being active, and the kilos piled on, bit by bit. When I meet my ex-schoolmates, one of the fave comments is, "what happened?" . If there was a choice, beb, who wouldn't want to be thin again.... sigh.... 

So, what am I going to do? The plan is to be healthy.  Let's be realistic,  I'm never going to fit into a size 4 or 6 dress anymore. So i might as well aim to live healthily. Cutting down on sugar and salt, cutting down on the portions. Less snacks especially at night. I'm also avoiding certain supplements & contraceptive which tend to increase appetite.
 

Then most importantly,  exercise!!! Starting back on my gym a few days a week, and hopefully find some time to brisk walk or cycle on the weekends. Then hopefully even if I don't reach my ideal weight of 50 kilos, I would feel  alot healthier.

So, who's with me ??

 

3 comments:

  1. Orait set..lady rouge jom kita joging sampai perlis !

    ReplyDelete
  2. Huhu. I'm still on my so called oat bran powder diet. Still haven't seen any changes and still hoping for miracle that my waistline will become smaller.. Guess nothing works overnight.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ms Lastique: jom jogging sampai perli... lepas tu on the way kita singgah makan kat penang, alor star, kuala perlis... hehehe

    Misery's Shadow: I don't think anything works overnight. The positive thing is that you are on a very healthy diet, good to control cholestrol levels :)

    ReplyDelete